I was recently meme'd by Rebecca Levinson. In looking at the history of this meme it was started by Mary McKnight on her RSS Pieces and then at some point skipped over to Active Rain. I'm not usually crazy about writing a meme but this one was kind of fun as I had particular questions to answer.
1. Who is your favorite musical artist? I love Contemporary Christian music but if I was picking my favorite music of all time it would have to be what I call my 70's music. I loved Yes, Traffic, The Moody Blues, Jefferson Starship, etc. etc. If I had to pick one group probably my favorite of all time would be The Moody Blues. I have been to two of their concerts; both outdoor concerts. The first one was in the early 1980's at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado. The second time was just a few years ago at The Cynthia Woods Pavilion in The Woodlands. My favorite song is Nights in White Satin. I have added a U tube video which goes way back. I can tell you that is not what they look like now but they have aged quite nicely. It is fun to watch this 1967 U tube video though; talk about a trip down memory lane.
2. Who is your favorite artist? I have always loved Thomas Kinkaid's work but his prices were beyond what I wanted to pay. A few years ago I found James Lee and he has the same type of work but for a fraction of the price. I love his vibrant colors that pop out at you. Actually James Lee was around before Thomas Kinkaid but his work has not become as popular. We have two of his prints one of a lighthouse with the ocean pounding and the other one of a quiet stream with a church beside it. We like the water and love pictures that have an ocean or stream.
3. Who is your favorite blogger? This is hard. I am going to go for my favorite type of blogger. I really like to read about search engine optimization and website design. My favorites in this category are Mary McKnight with (Mary's Blog). I'm so glad she is back on AR. Kay Frenzer (Kay's Real Estate SEO Blog), John Lockwood (I love his outside blog the Particle Wave) Brad Carroll (Real Estate Web Design) and this list would not be complete without Karen George (Arizona home loans and more). These people do not blog often but when they do I always find that I learn something.
4. If you could meet anyone (alive or dead), who would it be and what is the most interesting thing about them? Dr. James Dobson from Focus on the Family; I feel like he helped me raise my children. My daughter was so strong willed and his book the strong willed child was one of my biggest references as she was growing up. Those same strong willed tendencies that I battled in her childhood are wonderful as a young adult and I just felt like Dr. Dobson's recommendations kept me on track. She has now thanked us for being strict.
5. What did you want to be when you grew up? My Mother was a social worker and my sister was a social worker so I decided I wanted to be a social worker also. I got my bachelor's in social work but then went oops and so got my Master's in Audiology and then went oops, oops. I can't stand small enclosed spaces so I don't even know what I was thinking. My social work background does sometimes come in handy with real estate though.
6. What is the most interesting piece of trivia you know? I'm not much in to trivia but I do find it very interesting that the male emperor penguin is the one who sits on the eggs. I'm continuing on with the useless trivia that Rebecca was discussing.
7. If you could live in any point in history what would it be and why? I really like my modern conveniences so I can't imagine going backwards. I do often think it would be cool to live when Jesus walked on this earth but then I wonder if I would be one of the people who is singing Hosannah and putting down palm leaves and then in the next breath yelling crucify him; so maybe not. I'm just glad to live on this side of the cross.
8. What is the most interesting job you have ever held? I have been in sales for the past 26 years selling everything from educational toys to metal stampings. I think the most interesting and satisfying have been the educational toys and now of course real estate. I think it is an honor to help someone with what is probably the biggest financial investment they make.
It is my understanding of this meme that I am to pass the torch to eight other bloggers so I am going to pass this on to eight of my new Texas friends.