Jennifer gives some great ideas to get you home ready for Spring. I know it doesn't feel much like spring as we cover the plants again tonight here in Spring TX but hopefully this will be it. Spring has to be on the way and these are great suggestions to get your home ready!
Spring is around the corner homeowners work on that curb appeal - The Yard
I know that with the snow and cold weather still here it is hard to think about spring. However, it is just around the corner and for homeowners planning to sell now is the time to start thinking about what you can do to achieve this.
Having good curb appeal is an important factor in getting prospective buyers into a house, and there is no better way to achieve this than by having a well groomed yard.
Here in Northern Dutchess NY we can get rather harsh winters. The wind and ice breaks the tree branches, the deer damage the plants, the salt used to melt the ice from the road gets into the lawn. Yes, there is much to be done if you plan to sell this spring.
Here are 12 things you can do to achieve that curb appeal.
1. I am sure gardening catalogs are now arriving in your mail box. Now is the time to check through these catalogs to get ideas as to what plants and flowers you might want to add to your landscaping.
2. Check to see when is the correct time to prune and trim various plants.
3. Pick up all the broken branches.
4. Rake lawn to remove leaves you missed during the fall and to get rid of thatching. It is important to use the correct tools.
5. Because of the damage done to the lawn during the winter you will need to fertilize, that is, if you failed to do so during the Fall. To achieve proper spring lawn care re-seeding might be necessary.
6. Check garden beds to see what might be needed. If you have a compost heap make sure to apply some of the rich humus soil to the garden
7. Check the walkways for broken brick or concrete pavers and do necessary repairs. Also consider how you will maintain weed control in these areas.
8. As soon as necessary keep the lawn well mowed.
9. Check porches and decks for repair. Painting is also a great way to give these areas a fresh look.
10. Add color to your garden. Make sure to plant a variety of flowers so you will have colors all year.
11. Power washing the house is a good idea since so much dirt and grime accumulate over the winter.
12. If you have gutters, clean them as there is nothing worse than seeing plants growing inside gutters.
Following all or some of these tips will help you to achieve the desired curb appeal and will entice a home-buyer to step inside your home. After all, a well kept landscape is a good indication of a well kept home. May you achieve your goal of selling your home this spring.
Copyright © by Jennifer Fivelsdal, all rights reserved - Spring is around the corner homeowners work on that curb appeal - The Yard