This is my second in a series of post for first time home buyers in Spring TX. Now that you are pre-approved for your home loan the next step is to start searching for your home. I have found that most buyers like to start looking at homes and familiarizing themselves with the areas online. Spring is a large area located in two different Counties (Harris County and Montgomery County) and three different school districts. Plus you also have the neighboring areas of Tomball, Magnolia and The Woodlands to consider. With this in mind you are going to want to start narrowing down the area where you want to live.
There are lots of websites that you can go to search for homes for sale but we are blessed in the Houston area to have an INCREDIBLE Public MLS site through the Houston Association of REALTORS® (HAR). We tend to take this site for granted but as I have blogged and met people across the United States I have realized how fortunate we are to have such an incredible public site. HAR has won many awards for this site and they are constantly improving it. You may search directly at www.HAR.com or if you are working with me to find your new Spring TX home you can click here to go in to the site. By going in under my name any questions that you have will be immediately directed to me.
In this busy age that we live in I have found Spring TX first time home buyers often want to be set up to have new listings sent to them automatically. It doesn't matter whether you are looking for a single family detached Spring TX home, a home on acreage, a town-home or even vacant land; this automated search can do the work for you. You will learn about listings new to the market even before most REALTORS®. You are notified of new listings within 24 hours of them going on the market. The listings for the most part have directions so you can also explore subdivisions to get an idea of where you want to be. Please click here for the automated form. I have tried to make this as specific as I can. I am able to put filters on your search and have learned all kinds of tricks to tweak your Spring Texas home search so we only pull up the specific type of home you are looking for.
* * * Please note: If you are already looking at homes or land with another REALTOR® and have signed a Buyers Representation Agreement with that REALTOR® please do not use this automated search. It would be a violation of the Code of Ethics for the National Association of REALTOR® for me to be assisting you in this circumstance. * * * If you have an agent and this is not set up for you just ask your REALTOR® to set it up.
You are probably wondering why I put the First time home buyer Spring TX website search as number 2 in my series and not number 1. I have found with today's ever changing mortgage environment that it is more important than ever to get pre-approved for your loan ahead of time; especially if you are a first time home buyer and are not familiar with the process. If you wait until you are ready to buy and you find some kind of a hiccup that needs to be worked on then it is too late and could cause you to have to wait longer to buy your first home. By getting pre-approved (as much as 6 months prior to buying your home) it gives you time to take corrective action. I also can't tell you how many first time home buyers I have worked with who were not searching in the correct price range and that can be very discouraging. Not to mention that by starting early you can start narrowing areas and decide what you want in a home.
This is a Spring TX first time home buyers series and as I add additional post I will add the links. Please feel free to visit my prior post.
- Spring TX First Time Home Buyers Guide - Part 1 - Loan Pre-approval!
- Spring TX First Time Home Buyers Guide - Part 2 - The Web Search!
- Spring TX First Time Home Buyers Guide - Part 3 - The Home Search!
- Spring TX First Time Home Buyers Guide - Part 4 - What price do we offer!
- Spring TX First Time Home Buyers Guide - Part 5- The Home offer!
- Spring TX First Time Home Buyers Guide - Part 6 - The Texas option fee and your home inspection!
- Spring TX First Time Home Buyers Guide - Part 7 - The Title policy
- Spring TX First Time Home Buyers Guide - Part 8 - Why you need to live in an HOA!
- Spring TX First Time Home Buyers Guide - Part 9 - What to bring to your closing!